Friday, July 8, 2011

Sweets to prevent heat stroke

In these days, Tokyo is extremely hot.
Everyday, the temperature is going up to 37 or 38 centigrade degree.
We, people in Tokyo, must prevent heat stroke.
In June, about 400 people were taken to hospital because of heat stroke.

Today, I found a new display stand with strange sweets in a supermarket near from my home.



All of them are sweets with salt or sour and suger, and on the tags, I can read "To prevent heat stroke".

Japanese plum glaces


Japanese plum jellies


Sweet pickles of Japanese plums


Japanese plums are very acetic and contains plenty citric asid.

Azuki bean glaces with salt


Salty "konpeito" candies


I bought the last one and ate them.
I felt slightly salty taste from the face of each candy, and felt graceful sweetly taste.
A little salty taste made me to feel sweetly taste so deliciously.
It was a strange taste, but delicious for me, although I can't believe thats are effective to prevent heat stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment